Top 20 quick reasons to visit London this year
London, the capital city of England, is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Europe with so many featured traits that you can find nowhere else. Now let’s see what make London so interesting that way and worth visiting this year with top 20 quick reasons right below here.
- The city features great architecture, modern and historic living together side by side.
- Some of the World’s best museums and galleries are in London – and most of them are free!
- London is world famous for its huge variety of restaurants, covering each nationality and culture from A (the Afghan Kitchen in Islington) to Z (Shaka Zulu, London’s largest South African restaurant).
- The Tube celebrated its 150th birthday in 2013. It’s the third largest metro system in the World behind Shanghai and Beijing.
- London is full of beautiful gardens, from Royal gardens to small gardens tended to by volunteers.
- London’s Cabbies have to go through a rigorous course called “The Knowledge” to become a black cab driver which means they know London intimately and if you ask, they’ll even given you some sightseeing advice. Or take a black cab tour.
- London’s skyline is as iconic as its attractions and continues to change with the latest landmark being The Shard.
- Southbank on the shores of the Thames is a great place to spend a day, from the London Eye, to the theatre, to galleries, it has something for everyone.
- London’s West End is famous for its fantastic range of top class theatre plays and musical.
- East London has a fantastic street art scene, take a tour and see some of the ever-changing art. You never know, you might even catch a glimpse of a Banksy piece.
- From gastropubs to pubs that have been around for centuries, if you don’t visit a pub whilst in London, you’re missing out on the local experience.
- Vintage clothes, antiques, food, bric-a-brac, fashion from up-and-coming designers: you name it, you’ll find it in London’s markets.
- Finger sandwiches, freshly baked cakes and the finest tea: indulge in a very British experience – Afternoon Tea. London has many places to enjoy it, from the eclectic to the traditional.
- Follow in the footsteps of legendary football players at Wembley Stadium.
- London’s nightlife isn’t just about pubs and clubs, but we have great comedy clubs, music venues and rooftop lounges.
- The River Thames runs from the Cotswolds in the West to the North Sea in the East. There’s plenty to do in the London part of it, like a Rib tour (link is external) or a cruise to Greenwich where you can actually walk under it through a foot tunnel built by the Victorians and was finished in 1902.
- Neighbourhood diversity, from pockets of luxury, to multi-cultural areas, London is as diverse as it gets.
- London is great for shopping, from department stores to designer stores, markets to high street shopping, there’s something for everyone!
- London is a great place to bring the family, from its historical heritage to its fantastic museums, there’s something to keep them occupied for hours.
- London is full of icons, from the red London buses to Big Ben. From the London Eye to Tower Bridge, you can’t help feeling at home here because you’ve seen it all in movies and on TV. You can even tour the locations of your favourite shows!